The Inisheer Zibaldone will be presented at Féile na gCloch on Inis Oirr from 14 -17 Sept 2017. The Festival of Stone incorporates stone wall building, stone carving, letter carving and on location sketch outs.
On Location Sketch Outs Exploring Inish Oírr
Spend three days exploring Inis Oírr through sketching during Féile na gCloch. Capture the magic scenery and culture of the smallest of the Aran Islands in your artists’s notebook. Experience this intimate island through drawing her castles, shipwrecks, churches, lighthouse, seascapes and iconic dry stone walls.
– Through on location sketch outs you will discover the rugged beauty of this jewel in the Atlantic. Enjoy the creative camaraderie and be part of the exhibition of work done over the weekend.
– This long weekend is for the self-motivated sketcher who wants to enjoy a fun and sociable time drawing on location in an ancient landscape. All levels of experience welcome.
– Join a sketch out to capture the creation of a dry stone wall with prizes for the most evocative sketches.
– Each sketch out starts with a fifteen minute warm up talk with tips and inspiration from experienced sketchers.
– Leave the island with a sketchbook full of memories.
Find out more about Féile na gCloch at http://heritage.galwaycommunityheritage.org/content/new-contributions/feile-na-gcloch-2017.